How It Works
Package PickUPP Instructions:
1. On-campus residents will receive an email from Virginia Tech Package PickUPP alerting them of their package arriving on campus.
2. Included in the message are directions for picking up the package at one of the Package PickUPP locker sets, Owens Hall, or the Graduate Life Center at Donaldson Brown. In most instances, the student will retrieve their package at the locker set closest to their residence hall. Along with pickup location, the email will also include the kiosk number (screen) to visit at the lockers.
3. Pick up packages within 24 hours.
NOTE: Students have until 7 a.m. the morning after receiving their “Package is available for pickup” email notice. If the student fails to pick up their package by the allocated time, it will reenter the delivery system and made available for pick up via Owens PickUPP location within 3 business days. Packages not retrieved within 7 business days will be returned to sender and not held by Virginia Tech Mail Services.
USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL packages will flow primarily to the on-campus locker system. Packages will not be left at the resident's room as they previously had been.
- MAC PickUPP (Moss Arts Center)
- Newman Hall PickUPP
- Dietrick Hall PickUPP
- Oak Lane PickUPP
Additional locations packages may be retrieved from when Package PickUPP lockers cannot be utilized or are not available:
- Owens Hall PickUPP: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- GLC PickUPP (Graduate Life Center): Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
USPS mail (letters, envelopes, magazines, etc.) will continue to flow to Owens Hall Room 23 for pickup. These items can be picked up Monday - Friday, from 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. Students will receive an email when their mail is ready for pick up. Please bring an ID to retrieve.
Address the package or mail following the sample address below:
Student’s full name
Residential hall name, Room XXXX
Street number and street address
Blacksburg, VA 24061- (Zip plus-four code specific to the student’s residence hall - click here for the full list of zip plus-four codes and addresses)
The resident's address should not have “Virginia Tech” included. This actually slows down the delivery.
PDF of residential addresses to print
Students can visit Owens Hall Room 23 to send out mail and pre-paid packages, Monday - Friday, from 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Students can purchase stamps at Dietrick and the on-campus bookstore. Mail supplies are also available at the Post Office on 909 University City Boulevard beside Kroger or the Post Office at 118 North Main Street.